It 100% depends on a choice you make.
This choice has a default setting, too, but you can override it.
You can choose to crawl in a hole, stop talking to people, hold your breath or drown your sorrows in cookies or wine. You can allow the failure to write on your heart like a scarlet letter, glowing with shame. I know I’ve chosen this route too many times.
Another choice, you can learn from Ariana Huffington’s mama and see failure for what it is. “Failure isn’t the opposite of success; it is a stepping stone to success.” -Elli Stassinopoulos
How can we use failure to step forward on our journey rather than step off?
Would you choose to shift your approach to failure if you could get better results?
It would feel pretty awesome to encounter failure & feel like you’re moving forward towards your goal, right?
That’s where mindfulness comes in. We look at life’s experiences like a scientist conducting an observation. We watch, refine and move forward without emotionally charging situations unnecessarily.
Sometimes, it’s tough to see a situation up close, so a community of like-minded people is really helpful.
Let’s flip the script today with these action steps below.
Your action steps:
1. Choose a goal that you previously labeled as a fail.
2. Remind yourself that your worth is not wrapped up in any one goal- you are amazing… really!
3. Look at the goal & decide, if failure isn’t an option, is it still a worthwhile pursuit for you?
4. If not, let that goal depart & settle your heart. If yes, objectively evaluate what the next step is to accomplishing it.
5. If you struggle seeing your next step, turn to the group to help you trouble shoot! We got your back :-)
6. Move forward in accomplishing the amazing things you’re on this planet to do.
Let us know when you do so we can celebrate with you!